October 14, 2004

Davao City

My life adventure started in Davao, A City south of Manila. I was just going with the flow with dirty politics and just started to realized what is life in the Philippines. I was enrolled in a good Catholic School where Nuns were the teacher that you can ever imagine.
Having a Nun for a kindergarten teacher was just like a blessing from hell. They humiliated every one in my class. ICC(Immaculate Conception College) was the name of the school in Davao. The school pledged allegiance to the Virgin Mary - Catholic Ideology.
This was the decade the Philippines declared war to it's people. The Moro of Mindanao was again invaded. And again September was the common month for this to happen.
Naglastog (Ilocano for arrogant) si Ferdinand Marcos!
Gusto ko nang Hot Pandesal ( I like eating Dinner Rolls) was the No.1 hit song for that era.
I guess the Filipinos were getting poorer and the only way that the Marcos regime can feed the poor was to promote the modern staple food for the Filipino people "The Hot Pandesal". I am a Filipino and I ate a lot of pandesal in circa 1972.

No comments:

Orpheum Boston