October 11, 2004

Filipino Attitude

What is Filipino Attitude?
A Filipino who wears and show off American products but are really made in China.
Speaking english in slang, wear winter boots, knitted cap and leather jacket in the
hot climate of The Philippines. Lived and worked in United States for a year then returned to the Philippines and forgot to speak Filipino.
Colonial mentality that was introduced during the 50 year rule of Americans in the Philippines. We are the only country in Asia that really into Americanization.
If the Filipinos has the chance to vote to make the Philippines the 51st State of United States of America. The majority of F.L.I.P.S will vote for statehood. No doubt about that my fellow Filipinos,
The foreigners hijacked the Filipino society. The Filipinos doesn't know that the Americans colonized the P.I. for the purpose of marketing.
Not to make Filipinos A Canu (American)!!!!
Majority of us think that living in The U.S.A is better than living in The Philippines. I think and act like any other Filipinos. I remember when one of my Chinese-American friend asked me. Why do Filipinos living in America compete with fellow Filipinos instead of helping them?
I was flabbergasted to answer Ernie. Because I really don't know how to answer his question. I was embarrassed because it is True and obvious that We love the Philippines but do we compete with each other instead of reaching a hand when a Filipino stumble and fall.

No comments:

Orpheum Boston