January 09, 2005

Corazon

The Former President of the Philippines

Corazon C. Aquino

In 1986 I voted for this woman. One of the richest and the most powerful woman in the Philippines next to Imelda Marcos. I voted for her because I believed that she can changed the political structure of my country and create a new meaning of Democracy not only in the Philippines but throughout the entire region of Southeast Asia.

I will always remember that day of election. when the whole entire country voted for her. She was not to be remembered as a great President but a house wife who got revenged through the voice of the 1986 People Power Revolution.

She was the destiny that the Filipino people had been waiting for almost 25 years. Corazon changed the meaning of being Filipino.

Picture is the property of Time Magazine

4 comments:

paningit said...

you bet your bottom she sure did change the menaing of being filipino. under her administration, the philippines took a nasty nosedive to poverty. anyway, that's just my opinion, backed with facts of course.

Akilez said...

Yes Achilles We are related.

I am son of Aristides Stamatelaky. If you visit the Stamatelaky's site. you will see my pictures. Your niece is about 15 months old. if you want to get in touch with me please see my profile and you will find my email address.

LATE.....

Akilez said...

Achilles this is my email FAX68@yahoo.com... just in case this blog doesn't work (sometimes).

WeNGGaY said...

CORAZON C. AQUINO - i've known her as a good mom to Kris Aquino... that's it... that's it... *WiNK*

Orpheum Boston