March 08, 2005

Pusila - Pusila (Shoot -Shoot)

Senator. Benigno Aquino Jr.

"I HAVE TO SUFFER WITH MY PEOPLE"

Those were the last words of Ninoy before he was assassinated on the tarmac of the Manila International Airport on August 21st 1983. I was only 15 years old and never realized that there was a man that was committed to free the Filipino people from the abusive and corrupt government of Ferdinand Marcos.

I was so confused and innocent about the political situation of my country before August 21st.

Ninoy Aquino woke me up and slapped me while I was awake. I couldn't ignore the pain that he brought upon my country. My people are now alone for their struggle for democracy.

We were all alone after he was killed but the struggle was just the beginning for a long Fight for Freedom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i respect this man but he's not a hero... we really don't know the "the real score" 'cuz every tongue pretends they speak of the truth while the listeners are gone crazy who is to believe... i have a high regard on ferdinand marcos... he was a tough leader, the kind of characted seldom seen on his successors... he didn't change his mind, his decision is firm... he never apologized to the public for doing something stupid (which gloria did)... hence, people only hated ferdinand marcos, but no one ever said HE IS STUPID... *WINK*

Orpheum Boston