November 07, 2005

Being a Filipino

Mr. Benjamin Pimentel Jr. doesn't know me and I don't know him. He doesn't even know that I posted his name in my Blog. I salute Mr. Pineda for his good skills as a writer for Filipinas Magazine and a reporter for the San Francisco Chronicle.
He is one of those Filipinos who is doing a great job for the Filipino community.
Allan Pineda and Benjamin Pimentel are two Filipinos in two different world. one is an entertainer and one is a Journalist and a Blogger but One race.
Being a Filipino in America is not easy, Some Asians think that we lost our identity because We were ruled by Nations and think different from other Asians. Some say we are just from a third world country that speak good english but not fluent in our own native tongue. Some say that we brag about being rich to other Filipinos but the food we eat is dried fish, We even forgot to be a Filipino in the Philippines but became a Filipino in other countries.
We respect other countries but made the Pasig River a public toilet. We voted for a President but we're the one who's destroying the administration, We love to be white but the whitener doesn't work for us.
Being a Filipino is to be one!!!

3 comments:

tintin said...

We should always be proud of our heritage!

BTW, I luv the pic of your house! Thanks for the visit and the comment recently.

R. Hipolito said...

I'm second generation Fil-Am and was raised outside of the filipino community. As an adult I've had to struggle to learn my roots. I still have a long way to go.

Anonymous said...

Most Filipinos living in the diaspora are more Filipinos than the Filipinos living in the Philippines. Being away from the motherland forces us to appreciate its culture and its history.

Orpheum Boston