January 06, 2006

Taking Time

Boston is still cold and Grey.
I had a temporary job for a week and a half but the assignment ended up abruptly.
I took my time in Boston but decided to have another long vacation with my family in Jacksonville. My wife and daughter are happy to see me again after a month away from them. I am still deciding if I will go back to school to be an Automotive Technician. I love fixing cars and adding some performance parts with it.
I couldn't believe that I have been jobless for almost three months now. My wife is not so worried about me. I wish I feel the same but I'm not because I am the man of the house and I need to support my family.
We decided to move back to Boston not because Jacksonville is a slow city to live but the educational system in this City is almost compared to Louisiana.
I want my child to attend the best school in America to achieve her dreams. Boston is one of the City in America that can make her dreams come true.
I have to drive back again to Boston. My family will follow after I prepared our old condominium, suitable to cater my lovable daughter.
I wish I never left the Philippines, never immigrated to the land of milk and honey. Perhaps I have a better life in the Pearl of the Orient but without a wonderful wife and daughter. I wish I was born in America and have the ability to manipulate my life in a different way but Filipinos are also capable of doing the extra ordinary achievement of a life time.
Perhaps that extra ordinary achievement of a life time will become a reality.
For me and my Family

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wishing you the best.. anyway, nice, cozy place you got here :)..

R. Hipolito said...

You'll get there Achilles. Sometimes it just takes time.

The one true thing about the states is that if you don't succeed with something on the first try, it only matters if you stop trying.

Brigham Circle