October 21, 2008

Filipino Ghost Story

The Campus Imp.

I was teacher at Central Philippine University. One night, reluctantly, I worked late to prepare the next day's test paper. It was well known that the campus was haunted and true to the accusation, strange things did take place that night.

There I was, in my class, minding my work when I heard a “thud” sound coming from upstairs. I thought, maybe some unlucky soul had to work late as well.
Feeling glad I wasn’t the only one, I felt save and comfortable, I went on working.
Minutes of serenity passed, then, I heard someone running on the floor above.
I wasn't scared, but was curious to see who was this comrade of mine. So, I got out of my class and made my way upstairs. I saw that the lights were switched on.
I thought that was a good sign - it showed that someone was indeed there and that I wasn’t imagining the noise. I looked through the window but saw no one. I called, “hello, hello, anyone there?” but there was no reply.
I tried to open the doors but they were locked. I looked a bit more and then gave up, thinking the person could have gone away for a bite or something.
I went back downstairs to my work.

Later, about half an hour or so, I heard a laughter. It was a child like, high pitched, laughter! Then, I began to get spooked; lots of things went through my mind. But I wasn't going to conclude anything until I saw with my own eyes what it was.
I dumped all my things in my bag, carried it with me and went upstairs again.

What I saw, almost gave me a heart attack! I saw a little hairy thing running across the classroom then disappeared in thin air! I swear it was real!
I only saw it’s hairy back. It was around 3 to 4 ft in height. At first, I thought it was a chimpanzee but it was upright, ran on two legs like a little child and it didn’t have long “chimp” arms.

The part that got me to run like hell was its sudden vanishing! It, literally, disappeared right before my eyes!

Mario, 32, Teacher 12/20/00

No comments:

Orpheum Boston