August 01, 2009

Feel The Tears

I won't be here when you come home
I'm sorry if you don't understand, forgive me if you can
but I can see another road
and I ain't coming back.

Don't look for me around this town.
'cause I will be so far away, you'll never find me anywhere
and I won't take no souvenirs.
no perfumed picture promises,
because it's over
and I ain't coming back.

You gave me everything
and now I'm breaking your heart.
you know that I don't mean
to tear your world apart.

I would never leave if I thought you couldn't stand the pain
a letter in the hall is written on the wall.
a letter with no words of love at all because it's over
and I ain't coming back.

And as I close the door
I know I'm breaking your heart,
I should have loved you more
instead I've torn your world apart.

And as I walk into the lonely afternoon
I feel sad enough,
I feel bad enough.
and all the times when you are lonely where you are
please don't hate me then,
I just could not pretend.

Feel the tears
I can feel the tears
running through the years
by Level 42

No comments:

Orpheum Boston