August 16, 2005

Living in Boston

Boston is still prejudice. The Caucasians, African-Americans, Asians and Hispanics still don't get along with each other. Bad mouth here bad mouth there.
When I moved to Boston in 1993 from Los Angeles. My father told me that the people in Boston are very nice but he forgot to mention the cold and racist attitude of Bostonians. I experienced different racial slur from different race. I was too nice to hear the word Hate because I am Filipino who is mild mannered.
But being nice was no longer to be practice by me. I fought back after a years of being ridicule.
I am not even pure Filipino but with a pure Filipino heart and mind I was able tolerate the events that happened to me.
Boston is a great city to learn different cultures with a tremendous effect to a person who ever learns it.
I learned to survived and committed myself to Snotty City.
Boston is great for single people and college students.
The crowd in Lansdowne Street are full of puke and discarded baseballs. Fenway is still the ball park for whites, Dorchester is still for the black community and Chelsea is still under the rule of the Hispanics.

1 comment:

R. Hipolito said...

Prejudism. We can't escape it. Perhaps it will be easier for you in Jacksonville (you mentioned moving there). Look for the fils in Mayport and Orange Park.

Boston